New Year Leadership Challenges:- The arrival of a new year is a good opportunity to take stock of the period we dismiss and reflect on who we are and what we want to be, both personally and professionally. Do you want to improve your leadership in 2018?
Whether you lead a multinational or an entrepreneur who has just started your project, to become an excellent leader you will have to develop a constant work through which you reinforce your strengths, subzones your weaknesses and adapts your capacities to the new demands of the market. Below is all about the leadership challenges that you may face in 2018.
New Year Leadership Challenges in 2018
In this sense, the current scenario requires a leadership in 2018 that will respond guides and led the workers and other stakeholders, instead of enhancing the role of executives who are limited to managing and controlling the workforce and stakeholders, According to the recent Deloitte a Look Ahead study at Mid-Market Research 2018.
In this same report, in addition, they anticipate the challenges that the leaders must face in the year that begins:
- With the increase in the number of independent professionals living with salaried employees, the leadership in 2018 will need to learn how to manage this open economy of talent.
- The leadership programs are one of the hot spots for businesses, which will be forced to include new development methodologies management skills, away from formal training.
- The search for meaning of high potential will continue to occupy part of the leaders’ agenda over the next year with the goal of identifying and driving talent within organizations.
- Given the technological development that we will continue to experience in all areas, the digital adaptation of leadership in 2018 will become another of the main challenges of senior positions.
- The alignment of business leaders with HR departments closes this ranking of major challenges for companies.
Purposes for the New Year
How can you face the new challenges? According to the international consultant on leadership and human resources Zenger & Folkman, there are eight behaviors that characterize the extraordinary leaders and that you must develop during 2018 as New Year’s resolutions:
- Inspiration of the teams. It is essential that you develop your ability to motivate and involve employees as these types of leaders achieve greater workgroup satisfaction and better performance and productivity for the workforce.
- Holistic view. According to studies developed by Zenger & Folkman, extraordinary leaders are those who gain a broad perspective on opportunities and threats, rather than focusing on each detail.
- Bet on training. If you have not already done so, 2018 is the time to pay attention to your ongoing training as a leader and the training of other professionals for their development.
- Personal relationships. Forget the role of absent or cold leader and aim to maintain a more direct, fluid and personal contact with your team members if you want to strengthen your leadership in 2018.
- Collaborative spirit. Another trait that defines the great managers is their search for ‘win to win’ solutions based on the cooperation and participation of the rest of the employees.
- Great goals. If you want to become an extraordinary leader you must encourage the staff to develop their full potential and overcome goals that seemed impossible. Do not just do what is expected and spread the ambition to your team.
- In your list of New Year’s resolutions you cannot miss the power of your communication skills, so you will have to intensify your ability to transmit, ask and listen at all levels.
- Let your desires for improvement for 2018 not are limited to paper, because the last characteristic of great leaders is that they demonstrate with their behavior what they say in words, becoming examples to follow for the whole team.
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.