There are many people who wrongly say that Email marketing is spam and newsletters are not useful and dissatisfied the customers. False! The email marketing is still the most effective methods of direct marketing engagement. Within Inbound Marketing, email marketing is the most profitable channel on the market ($ 43.08 per ROI invested dollar). Using it within a communication strategy can strengthen a positioning strategy, brand image or loyalty.
How to do Email Marketing as an Entrepreneurs
To be successful when doing email marketing, we must take into account some variables, here are the main ones:
1) Build a Contact List
The effectiveness of our Email Marketing campaign depends to a large extent on the quality of our database. In email marketing we talk about opt-out, opt-in and double-opt-in lists.
- List Opt-out: list obtained through cards, meetings; Taken by hand at events, etc.
- List Opt-in: Data are obtained from our own site, using a registration form.
- List Double-opt-in: In this type of lists there is a data validation. With this type of lists we are sure that the email provided is valid.
Of these three lists, the most recommended is the Double-opt-in list. Having a list of quality contacts, the second is to segment and then create content appropriate for the target.
2) Segment the Databases
Before doing any marketing action it is necessary to know our target audience.
Segmenting gives you the benefit of directing your message to who you really care about. With the segmentation, you can select small groups of potential customers in order to be able to offer them the same product, a same communication strategies and loyalty.
3) Use an Email Marketing Application
There are an endless number of email marketing tools for mass mailing. What is advisable, if you do not have HTML knowledge, is to use one that includes in your offer, an intuitive editor. What is intuitiveness? It involves the use of a tool that does not require prior knowledge, easy-to-use software.
What should the tool for sending advertising by email?
- Intuitive editor.
- Responsive and varied templates customizable.
- Complete statistics panel in real time.
- Support in your language, etc.
4) Design of Effective Responsive Newsletter
What differentiates advertising from promotion? Persuasion, when working on positioning goals, brand image or loyalty we seek to create emotional ties between client and brand.
How should the newsletter be?
- Subject: The subject will be the small sentence that invites to open the message, you are usually short (30-40 characters) and synthesize the information that the subscriber will find inside the message.
- Preheader: This is the small text that accompanies the subject of the message. This should give strength to the matter. It is usually on the right or at the bottom of the subject.
- Message: Includes the clear and concise information of the email campaign. The content must be built and aligned with the communication objectives of the company. In the newsletter, you can include photos or moving images (GIFs) and give more dynamism to your mailing campaign.
What should the advertising newsletter contain?
The most important things are the quality of content. What do we mean by quality? Content that matters to the recipient. We commented that when we talked about advertising, we were referring to loyalty goals, positioning or brand image.
If you have a sports supplement store, why not send a monthly newsletter like this? Simple and effective newsletter that includes articles targeted to the target. Behind him, a strategy of loyalty and brand image is evident.
What other types of content can I email my clients?
The key to making effective email marketing is RELEVANCE. If you know and understand your customers, you can send them useful, relevant and interesting information. Here are some types of messages that your customers will be happy to receive in their emails:
- Launching new Products and Services: For your customers it will be a great pleasure to be the first to know about the new products and services that you bring to market. In addition, you can take advantage to make pre-sale strategies.
- Invitations to Exclusive Events: Be it a Cocktail, Dinner, Party, etc. Your subscribers will want to participate, so be sure to include your most loyal customers in your guest list.
- Exclusive Discounts and Promotions: A good discount, offer or promotion, will certainly be something your customers will love. It is important that you manage the concept of exclusivity so that your subscribers feel it is worth keeping your subscription and be aware of your messages.
- Tips, Tutorials and Tips: Send useful and practical information about the use of your products or related to your industry.
The most important thing is always to try to surprise customers, in this way you will have your subscribers always attentive to your messages. To conclude, we can say that Email Marketing is still valid. And that its operation is subordinated to the level of integration that we give it within our communication strategy.
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.