We don’t believe happiness is a pleasant mental condition like amusement, enjoyment, or heartfelt pride, and we don’t believe happiness can be achieved by accumulating a series of pleasant experiences. Rather, we consider happiness to be an underlying quality of life that encompasses a wide range of emotions, including rage, sorrow, and stress. How to be happy at work is all about positive psychology. Moreover the relationship between happiness and productivity, so this leads to success.
With that concept in mind, work-related satisfaction has been linked to nearly every desirable outcome that individuals, workplaces, and organizations may wish for. How do we encourage, help, and create happiness at work now that we understand the essence and benefits of it? There isn’t a single, straightforward answer to this issue.
Keys to “How to be Happy at Work”
Purpose, Engagement, Resilience, and Kindness are four main pillars of workplace happiness. As in, to PERK up your work happiness.
- Purpose: Our mission reflects our core values, and when our daily actions and decisions reflect those values, we feel more purposeful at work. Bringing more enthusiasm and intent to work as individuals will mean asserting ourselves in the formulation and execution of our daily tasks.
- Engagement: Are you a part of the decision-making process at work when it comes to what, when, and how you do things? How much do you lose track of time while working when you’re curious or deeply immersed? Do you believe you have the ability to be efficient and productive? That’s where engagement in the work plays an important role to answer all these questions.
- Resilience: The capacity to adapt with, adjust to, and learn from setbacks, mistakes, and disappointments is essential for overall workplace satisfaction. Resilience does not imply avoiding problems, suffocating tension, or avoiding confrontation; rather, it entails being able to handle challenges at work with honesty and grace.
- Kindness: When we use our natural propensity for kindness at work, we are more efficient. Treating people with integrity and consideration at work entails extending empathy and compassion, practicing appreciation, and constructively resolving disputes.
Economic crisis, redundancies, and increase in the cost of living. Difficult times are turbid as we go through! Faced with a world that suffers from deep intolerance and abysmal misunderstanding, in the face of an increasingly individualistic society, disappointments are abounding! The need for happiness in everyday life is becoming more pressing. Below this post is all about how to be happy at work.
More From Business Study Notes:- Quality of Work Life
But let us not fool ourselves: we spend most of our days in the office, whether we are employees or managers. These hours, therefore, have a considerable influence on the general state of our morale. Much more than one might think. Even if a certain balance in life in general remains one of the true secrets of happiness.
Accession to this form of happiness requires an excellent knowledge of oneself. To determine what makes us happy. First of all, you have to know how to recognize the difficulties and especially how to manage them … laziness is out of place! No offense to some! Then only, the accession to this state of fullness becomes possible.
How to be Happy at Work?
If everyone knows their deep aspirations in terms of quality of life, life on which it is relatively easy to act according to what we want, it is not the same when we talk about professional life. Indeed, the limits do seem to be there.
A positive thought, an optimistic look at the spots to be done will make them lighter, and therefore easier to achieve, which will build our confidence and our sense of satisfaction with the work well done.
It has been found that, in the professional field, this accession to happiness goes through 5 key factors. Which are far from being far-fetched?
- Each person must be able to realize himself fully according to his capacities, his aspirations; his character Each individual seeks naturally to give meaning to his life as well personal as professional. Some will do so besides shine through what is called the famous crisis of quarantine.
- It naturally follows the need for a position that corresponds to us, with responsibilities and requirements up to our skills. Not too high, not too low. Hence the importance of getting to know each other well
- Some recognition from peers is a necessary third ingredient, intrinsically linked to the first two. Yes. It avoids a certain tendency to under or over estimate. A positive and benevolent outside eye can only be a source of small happiness.
- Having good relations with colleagues and other professional contacts also remains a central pillar. How to claim to be filled if all our contacts send us a negative and heavy look? Difficult!
- The last key element, which is also linked to the former, is of course remuneration in line with the responsibilities of the position.
Business Manager’s Responsibilities
When you are a leader, the duty is two fold: not only is it important to be fulfilled yourself and smile, but they must of course make their employees happy. Or at least participate as much as they can in the office and do their utmost to this end. Listening attentively, flexibility, openness to telework, training, follow-up. so many levers to operate to make his staff happy and motivated.
In their column of the humanist company, these two consultants come back to a new kind of managers who combine pleasure and management, know how to motivate their collaborators, and are ready to devote a good quarter of their time to communicate. In short: the ingredients of the recipe for happiness are many!
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.