Emotional Intelligence in Business:- People who have developed their emotional intelligence , are able to identify their emotions, so that not only do they know what they are feeling and why, but they fully understand how these emotions can affect their thinking as well as their behavior.
Development of Emotional Intelligence
Developing emotional intelligence makes interpersonal relationships easier, reaching your goals and objectives, managing stress and overcoming difficulties. In this way, a person with emotional intelligence will never be impulsive and will always know how to adapt their behavior according to the situation that is presented, so they are people who adapt easily to their environment. It also involves identifying the emotions of other people, understanding them, being able to put oneself in their place. The empathy is an essential characteristic of the person developing emotional intelligence.
Importance of Emotional Intelligence
If we know how to relate to others, understand and respect them, if we know ourselves to the point of learning how to discard negative emotions, how to use our emotions to enhance our actions for success, if we know how to handle our impulses and control ourselves for Adapting our emotional responses to each situation, being flexible to change, more able to succeed , to be happier and healthier.
Applying the concept of emotional intelligence favors psychological well-being, since it involves the development of a balanced and harmonious personality. It contributes to a great extent to our physical health, because it prevents us from developing negative thought patterns that cause us stress, anguish, fear, irritability.
Power our motivation, because it is linked directly to the conscious management of our positive emotions and finally guarantees better interpersonal relationships, in the family, social, couple and work area.
Application of Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence serves to improve the individual within the company, in fact in the most successful companies in developed countries, for example, apply emotional intelligence criteria as part of their work philosophy, such as listening to their employees, motivating them and Respect them.
Many of them submit their employees to Emotional Intelligence Test, to help them develop personally and in relation to their company. As you can see, it is worth devoting to the development of emotional intelligence , to take an Emotional Intelligence Test , to determine the degree to which we are and from there to start working on that goal. Do it and then tell us how you found it and how far you have developed it.
7 – Rules for Creating Discipline
In life we need several attributes to be happy and successful, to be motivated, to do what we like, to have imagination, to know our weaknesses and strengths, but even more important than all this is to be disciplined , as this will allow us to reach our goals Despite the difficulties.
What do we mean by Discipline?
Often the term discipline can have a negative connotation, as we see it more linked to punishment, to the obligation to fulfill tasks that we do not want to fulfill, for laziness, de-motivation or simply boredom. We grew accustomed to that discipline is imposed through punishment , which made it somehow acquire this negative character. Nothing further from the truth, discipline is an essential quality to success and although it is innate to some people, those who are not born with it can develop it. To have discipline it is necessary to follow in full a few simple rules that we will mention below:
- Make the decision that from now on you will learn to be disciplined . Ponders the benefits it can bring to your life the discipline , your life would be ordered, would have the comfort of knowing that all outstanding issues have or are ready way to be.
- Start with small tasks. Suggest small goals, maybe this month you will go three times a week to the gym, or make a puzzle and put a deadline to finish it. The idea is that you set small goals and fulfill them so that you exercise your ability to discipline.
- When you are ready to move on to bigger tasks you can start planning. Identify the steps to follow to achieve your goal and follow them one by one, little by little. At first it will be difficult but you must be perseverant and understand the importance of each of the steps to follow.
- Be realistic. At first your goals should be achievable, if you have never been disciplined do not intend to undertake a task that is very long term or requiring many steps to achieve it. As you acquire the ability to be disciplined you can set higher goals.
- It is very important that we control our desire for quick retribution. Instant pleasure is something that is pursued by many people and is undoubtedly a childlike characteristic. We must put all our intention in the final goal, although the road is difficult, reaching our goal will be much more rewarding than anything else.
- Being disciplined in addition to a quality, is also a habit so you must follow the plan of action for at least twenty-one days, which say experts, is the time it takes to create a habit.
- Understand that every time you fall into a doubt, a moment of instant pleasure, you have a relapse, you cannot see it as a failure. The development of discipline takes a lot of effort and is not easy, every relapse is part of learning, remember that you can always start over.
If they were not disciplined already know how to begin to be, they should only be for 21 consecutive days to create the habit. Tell us your experience to achieve it
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.