Measure Marketing Communication
Measure marketing communication plan is the process of creating a positive impact on the targeted audience by successfully carrying out or executing all the important elements of the marketing mix. In pretty simple words the Communication Plan is setting objectives to change people’s awareness, knowledge, attitudes or behaviors about the product. So managing all the aspects of the promotional mix (advertising, sales promotion, public relations, and direct marketing) in the Communication Plan.
Moreover the tools used by marketers in order to deliver promotional messages to the targeted audience. Nor the final consumers are marketing communication.
Businesses use a variety of communication tools and marketing techniques to promote brand names, products, and services. Therefore with the increase in global competition the companies are using a blend of different communication mediums. Just to advertise and promote the products offered to increase the impact of communication efforts. Banners, advertisements, brochures, websites, vlogs, blogs, sales promotions, exhibitions, personal selling and direct marketing are some of the effective communication tools.
Purpose of Measure Marketing Communication
The basic purpose of any marketing communication plan is to encourage a positive buying response among the targeted audience. Therefore communicating with the current existing customers and targeting the new potential customers. All by effective communication mediums about the company products. In fact that helps improve sales and increase the profit margins.
A very important consideration while designing the communication campaign is the STYLE and TONE of the advertising message. In addition using an appropriate STYLE and TONE will set a pave for customer retention and profit generation.
Integrated multiple communication tools or using a blend of elements in the promotional mix allows the companies to leverage on the market opportunities.
The 4 Cs—Cost, Clout, Credibility and Control
The 4 Cs in the Communication plan is of utmost importance and each element of the promotional campaign must be evaluated against these 4Cs.
- Cost: The overall cost of the marketing campaign must be clearly evaluated. So the communication strategy must be implemented in such a way that it should not only cover the initial marketing expenditure. However also generate profits for the company.
- Clout: The size of the targeted audience must be measured while designing a communication plan. Moreover the campaign can be addressed to a larger number of people or must be customized based upon the product and its targeted market.
- Credibility: Basically the advertisement must be realistic and reliable. It is very important to maintain the credibility of the communication message. Hence the company or product must deliver the value to its customer as promised in the ads.
- Control: Maintaining the target audience and campaign progress is inherent in the communication plan.
More From Business Study Notes:- Marketing Communication Process
Although the basic purpose of all the communication activities is to generate sales and create brand awareness among the targeted final consumers.
- Collect Customer Data: Identifying customer information like the consumer purchase patterns, buying habits, consumer demands and preferences, buying power along with fashion trends. Although disposable income is a crucial step in designing the marketing communication plan.
- Strategies: Collecting and analyzing customer information shape up the marketing, sales and communication goals and marketers then develop strategies to achieve those goals.
- Evaluate the Results: The Companies evaluate the results of the marketing efforts to determine the future course of business.
Steps of Measure Marketing Communication Plan
The communication plan can be defined in the following steps.
- Goals and Objectives
- Identifying Targeted Audience
- Key Message
- Strategy to overcome the barriers
- Selecting Communication Mediums
- Implementation and Evaluation
- Communication the Positive Impact
Defining Goals and Objectives
Designing the Communication objectives is very important for the successful implementation on the plan. The WHAT part of the communication Plan; WHAT do you want to achieve from the advertisement?
Consider and refine the objectives that you want to achieve from your communication campaign. Clearly defined objectives like building brand awareness, price reduction and customer persuasion will be the key element in the Marketing Communication Plan. Objectives can be general or measurable depending upon the nature of the campaign.
Identifying, understanding and prioritizing the audience to achieve the predetermined objectives are crucial to execute the Marketing Communication Plan. Listing the targeted audience in a clear and precise manner must be given utmost attention. The WHO Part of the Communication Plan; WHO does you want to communicate with? Things needed to be considered while defining targeted audience at this stage to achieve the objectives are:
- Be specific
- Be Clear and concise
In order to devise the effective communication strategy the companies use research data. Therefore using market research data and evidence to support that data. Particularly about the customer and targeted audience will increase the overall credibility of the advertisement.
The Message the companies need to deliver to the targeted audience. It can be the Mission Statement, or a specific campaign or a short term activity. The key Message is the building block of all the communication efforts by the company. Moreover consider the objectives, targeted audience and carefully select the message that needs to be delivered. In order to capture the attention of the customers. So that the audiences contribute toward the actions of the set objectives. Therefore things needed to be considered while defining key message are:
Strategies to Overcome Barriers
The communication plan may face barriers at local or International level. So the marketers must design strategies to overcome the hurdles and barriers.
Selecting Communication Mediums
Selecting the right communication medium will have a larger impact of the promotion on the targeted audience.
Some Marketing Tools are:
- Local media
- Social media
- Email shots
- Electronic Media
- Print Media
Implementation and Evaluation
Evaluating a campaign in a strategic and a systematic way will contribute toward the investment and funding decisions. Moreover using a Qualitative and Quantitative evaluation will ensure the development of an impact based campaign. In fact that will resonate with the audience to produce results.
Communication of the Positive Impact
Measuring the results of the overall plan from the advertising strategy to implementations, and to reach the organizational goals. Hence creating a summary of 5 W’s and 1’H will measure the results of the effective communication plan.
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.