Effective Advertising Brochures: – Although digital marketing is the main ingredient in SMB marketing plans today, there are still traditional advertising tools that continue to have an interesting boom, such as advertising brochures. Advertising brochures are often the main showcase for your business and the first thing your potential customers know about your business.
Effective Advertising Brochures | 7 – Mistakes to Avoid
When designing promotional brochures, we sometimes make a series of errors that, a priori, may seem insignificant, but it is important that we avoid them. Here is a list of them:
- Do not neglect writing or spelling: Writing texts clearly is key to clearly capture the reader’s attention. Also, it is vitally important that you take care of the spelling in the brochures. You should keep in mind that the informal language we often use on flyers does not imply a bad spelling.
- Do not include too much text: Long texts are not synonymous with success, but quite the opposite. In these times, with the rise of social networks, the rush and trend towards brevity in digital publications, potential customers will appreciate that you convey your message on flyers with a few words. You know, the good, if brief, twice good.
- Do not choose unreadable fonts: In addition to choosing the words with which to convey your message, it is essential that you do it in a visually clear way. Make it easy for potential customers to have your brochure in hand. Pay special attention when designing your flyers and opt for easy to read and pleasing typographies.
- Do not use inappropriate images: If you decide to include images in your flyers, you should consider a number of issues. On the one hand, you should avoid unpleasant, controversial or hurtful images of readers. On the other hand, if you choose to make the photographs yourself, ensure that they have a good resolution so that the quality of the brochures is not affected. If you finally decide to download them from the Internet, check that they are free of copyright and that you can use them freely.
- Do not leave aside your corporate image: Within the brand image of your business, you cannot miss a good logo, good corporate colors and, why not, even a good slogan. If to all this we add some catalogs that follow that corporate line, the consistency and the success in your commercial strategy are guaranteed.
- Do not forget to include your contact information: Obviously, it is the most important part of our flyers. If we do not give the customer basic information about how to reach us, whether it is the telephone, the address, the email or a page in a social network (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), it may not get in contact with us. That does not mean that we do not finally find ourselves looking for us, for example, on the Internet, but we must remember that, the easier we put it to customers, the better.
- Do not obviate the target: Last but not least, we must keep the target audience in mind at all times, from the time we start thinking about the brochures until we have them in our hands. It is clear that it is impossible to customize an advertising brochure for each customer, but we must take into account the group of potential customers that we want to target and customize it together. If your customers feel identified with your catalogs, success is guaranteed.
Following these recommendations, you will be able to create advertising brochures that are really effective and that help you get more customers, especially if your business is aimed at a corporate market.
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.