Have you heard about Social Selling and want to strengthen the social media impact in your sales cycle? Good idea: this practice is more and more shared among the sales people and the figures are there to prove its effectiveness. According to Sales for Life study, “84% of B2B decision-makers involve social networks in their decision-making process.”
Social Selling Performance Commercial
Low cost, intuitive design and quick setbacks. This is what will boost the attractiveness of this new arsenal of sales. However, all this reduces the complexity and precision required by commercial relations. Thus, many salespeople venture today on LinkedIn without objective or strategy.
Two Social Selling tools to play the trusted advisor
On social networks, your customers are eager for quality content. Regularly publishing content that is specific to your field of expertise will guarantee you an ideal positioning of “trusted advisor “, in other words, a reference in terms of expertise. In reality, unless you have the dedicated marketing resources, it is difficult and time-consuming to regularly publish qualified information. Here are two tools that will help you maximize the reach of your messages.
Extended 1 year ago to all users, the LinkedIn Pulse feature (editing and sharing articles on the site) allows you to increase the scope of your publications. It also plays in your favor in terms of credibility: it has long been used by LinkedIn’s “influencers” only.
Moreover, content that includes images relevant to 94% more chances to be seen on the net. Take care of the visual dimension of your messages with the very simple tool Pablo Buffer which allows creating in two clicks, visual messages with the free content of right. – To consume with moderation.
Boost your search by … logging in
Professional social networks represent a formidable source of information to identify and connect with new prospects. However, the DNA of these networks consists in the intermediate connection. The result is that over the research, your business often falls back on the same profiles that match the relations of 2 and or 3 rd levels. An infallible recruiter technique to exceed this horizon and identify new prospects consists of the following method:
- Identify the keywords that allow you to target a category of leads.
- Log out completely from LinkedIn
- Go to the Google search bar and enter: site: linkedin.com keyword 1; Keyword 2; Keyword 3; Etc…
- Use the Booleans OR, AND, NOT, *, as well as the quotation marks to specify your search.
- Let’s take the example of a search for B2B prospects among automotive suppliers. Your search might look like site: linkedin.com “Purchasing Manager” OR Buyer; mechanical; automotive supplier; Range 1. (Be careful with spaces)
- Launch your search, you will get a large number of pages of profiles targeted, much more numerous and precise than if you had done this search directly on LinkedIn. Train your salespeople to Booleans (a micro learning session can be enough) and define a segmented search strategy to increase your efficiency when looking for leads.
Finally, if we have presented you with rather technical tools, remember that Social Selling is above all human-centered. Focus on the client behind his or her computer and listen, understand and engage. The success of your strategy will be based on the empathy and audacity you will demonstrate when interacting on social networks.
And you? What are your favorite tips in terms of Social Selling? How do your salespersons apprehend this new trend? Do not hesitate to share your feedback on these sales techniques 2.0.
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.