The Business digitization of sales forces is an important issue. According to a study by Action Co magazine, 100% of customers approve the use of tablets by salespeople. According to Action Co, 85% of companies improve their image through the use of tablet sales applications.
It is necessary that your sales people benefit from the appropriate tools to improve the act of selling face to face and thus to improve the commercial performance.
Our friends at Touch & Sell, who are developing a tablet application dedicated to business appointments, recently released a white paper titled “The Tablet for Commercial Performance”. A true guide in the digitization of the act of sale face to face, we decided to give you a summary.
Business Digitization of the sales force: the tablet serving your performance
The disappointments of a commercial today
If you are a commercial, you have necessarily encountered one of these trying situations:
- You arrive at your prospect but your paper documentation is damaged and obsolete and you did not even know it
- Your prospect asks you for documentation that you did not plan, which implies a delayed appointment
- You arrive with your PC that weighs a ton, you take time to turn it on and then find the right document, all in front of your customer
Problem of competence? Certainly not. The problem is rather that you do not have the proper tools.
To mitigate this, there are solutions much more suited to commercial presentations, which facilitate the work of the field teams. Combined with a presentation application, the tablet facilitates the business and allows it to focus on its customer. Connected to a video projector with a finger click, it also serves as a support for larger meetings.
A company that wants to equip itself with tablet presentation tools has the choice between 3 solutions: drive (Google Drive, Dropbox …) (Touch & Sell) solutions, tailor-made solutions (developed by IT services companies or agencies).
You will find the analysis of existing solutions in the Touch & Sell White Paper.
Which environments and tablets to choose to orchestrate your commercial digitization?
Before you go head-to-head in digitizing your sales force and buying shelves for your corporate fleet, you have to ask yourself a few questions.
The first is the operating system to choose from. The current market offers 3:
- IOS: environment imposed by Apple, easy to access and intuitive.
- Android: Developed by Google.
- Windows: that takes the hair of the beast, with the latest Windows 10 that wants to be human oriented.
Other questions should also be considered in your choice of tablet:
- Use: of course the most important element is mobility. Then, it is the job that determines the use of one type of tablet or another.
- The existing computer park: that can direct you to one system rather than another.
- The price: we will turn more easily to Android, less expensive than an iPad.
- Possible interactions with existing tools: It is important to choose an operating system that is compatible with the tools and software used by the company.
Marketing and Digitization: a duo of shock
This is not new, marketing and sales departments have a hard time working together. Here are some statistics that prove it:
- 40% of sales managers perceive collaboration between marketing and sales departments as existing but not very effective
- More than 70% of marketers and salespeople say they are making concessions to the other function
- 64% of marketing managers consider themselves involved in customer loyalty.
- Only 46% of sales managers share this view.
The customer no longer belongs to the salesman. He is a customer because the whole commercial relationship offered by the company has satisfied him. It is in this sense that the marketing and sales departments must work together.
The more marketing will include the upstream customer, the better the offer will be. The more the salesman works in synergy with the other actors in the commercial relationship, the better.
Digitizing the bill of sale can be a real competitive advantage. But for tablet sales to be profitable, it is crucial that the story told comes from a real collaboration between the marketing and the commercial. The story told by salespeople must be the same for all. A history written jointly between marketing and sales. This commercial speech, via tablet, allows the salesman, in his act of face-to-face sales, to be free and to adapt better to his interlocutor.
Application to the Core of Usage
The challenge is to equip your sales people, not with the latest tool, but with an application whose entire content is dedicated to the act of sale, which is simple to use and triggers a “wow” effect in the prospect.
The application must be entirely dedicated to the sale to allow creating a quality relationship between your salespersons and your prospects or clients.
It must be simple and intuitive so that the salespersons appropriate it and that facilitates their appointment. It must improve the perceived value of your product or service to differentiate you from your competitors. It must enhance your brand and give your brand a more innovative, professional and qualitative image. This modern and interactive support will allow your sales people to tell beautiful stories and the customer experience will be enriched, maximizing your chances of converting.
As a commercial performance factor and brand image vector, the tablet represents an undeniable competitive advantage for a B2B company.
Hello everyone! This is Richard Daniels, a full-time passionate researcher & blogger. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics. He loves to write about economics, e-commerce, and business-related topics for students to assist them in their studies. That's the sole purpose of Business Study Notes.
Love my efforts? Don't forget to share this blog.