Labor Disputes Resolution:- At certain times, during your stay in an organization, you have had labor disputes that have been unleashed for many reasons, such as: non-performance of activities, personal problems, intolerance between employees or a simple misunderstanding.
6 – Ways to Labor Disputes Resolution
What matters here is to solve the problem by putting into practice strategies or tools that allow achieving that peace that must exist in the company and that guarantee the process and activities to flow. For labor disputes resolution, these tools are primarily used to analyze the situation that is present. Hereafter Business Study Notes shows you in detail the 6 tips that will allow you to face a labor dispute and show you a way to labor disputes resolution.
- Regardless of the situation, stay calm
Before you face any dispute, take a moment to breathe and reassure yourself. Order your thoughts and make sure you keep the good deal. The first thing to keep in mind when dealing with a conflict is that they often escalate quickly once the emotions are involved. Many workers have difficulty verbalizing their thoughts and are easily frustrated and may even lead to violence.
- Analyze the situation
It is very important to be informed in detail about everything that has happened, identifying those involved, their profiles, the situation that gave rise to the conflict and the actual or potential consequences of the problem. Before solving a job impasse, it is important to analyze the situation in detail and clarify how it will be done, what means will be used, as well as create a plan and a scheme, so that part of the way will already be traversed by the mediator.
By listening you can understand the other’s perspective. Even when you think you know what you think, take the time to listen. The simplest way to resolve a conflict is to lead the other to understand your way of seeing things, not telling you what to do.
- Agrees to a solution
Once you have discussed the possible solutions, decide what is best for the needs of both parties and the organization. Put it, if necessary, in writing, with agreed actions clearly explained.
- Be assertive and objective with your stance in the face of conflict
Appeal to professionalism, it is not a game of children to see who is the good and who the bad; It is about returning to the climate of harmony, so it is important to remember that you are not in an institute classroom, if not in a serious work environment.
- Avoid entering the personal plane
It is important not to take the altercations too much to heart. This conflict will not change your way of seeing the world, it is not worth the trouble to turn the matter around. Use emotional intelligence and prevent feelings like anger from taking over.
Day by day in the work environment you must fight with easy situations and others not so easy. The important thing is to approach them with professionals and putting into practice the tips to face labor conflicts.
Be Successful in Workers Meetings
When planning a meeting many elements must be taken into account to be successful. It is necessary to prepare it in sufficient time, properly selects the people who will participate, creates a plan of the meeting, summons the participants in advance and sends the program to all the participants.
In the steps described, specifically in the preparation and execution of the meeting, you can make use of digital tools that, according to the London School of Economics, Harvard University and Business Insider, will make everything go as planned. Find them below:
- Do not let the information of the meeting be lost or its participants do not have the issues in their hands. Drop box and Google Drive are tools that make it easy to save all the information and access it from any computer where the participants are. They also allow you to share presentations with anyone you want. Your weight limit is considerable so you should not worry if there are too many graphics or images.
- If the meeting is with a person in another place of the world, for example via Skype, cellular or FaceTime are program that allows you to record all conversations.
- You can use applications such as PoppleT that allow visual tools such as graphs and creative illustrations to make the meeting have a less tense and more understanding environment.
- Believe it or not Twitter can be very useful for meetings. This social network allows knowing the topics that are being treated in the world and the tips given by some leaders to have better results at work.
- If you forgot the conclusions of the meeting, Rev is an application that transcribes the audio. This will save you discussions if any topic was left in the air or someone forgot to put some result of the work appointment in the summary of the meeting.
- When you are in a meeting you will usually write new tasks between the notes you take. Applications like Evernote and TaskClone will be great for meetings. These allow you to take notes on an electronic device and as you create new tasks that must be done, automatically group them into the personal agenda.
Make the most of the labor meetings, putting into practice the aforementioned. Save time with the use of these and use those hours in other activities.