Computer Graphics in today’s Globalization: – To better understand the day-to-day work, we conducted a study of 500 executives working in small and medium-sized companies. Teleworking, software, management or even a collaborative tool and use of e-mail: We have selected a wide range of problems in order to know the current trends of at work.
The Reluctance of Teleworking
According to our survey, 60% of respondents felt that being present at their place of work is not essential. Senior executives are the most concerned with 65% versus 42% of employees. The Informatics / Software / Internet sector is the most representative with 79%, followed by the Marketing / Communication / Advertising sector with 72%.
It has also been found that executive roles (CEOs, CEOs and directors) have easier access to timework than employees. While 53% of them practice it between 1 and 10 days a month, they are only 11% of employees to do it.
So why are employees so few to timework? Are senior executives cautious about telecommuting that they self-authorize themselves? Is it a lack of trust? Employees who do not dare to apply r maybe a simple communication problem?
What are the Official Figures for telework?
If the Mottling report “Digital transformation and life at work” given to the Ministry of Labor in 2014 announced a figure of 16% to identify teleworkers in France. According to a counter-survey by the Obergo specialized observatory, the actual worker rate among employees would be closer to 2%.
Top 6 most Used Software Everyday
Employees use a lot of software on a daily basis. Nearly 64% use between 5 and 10 software daily in their work (20% uses less than 5 and 15% between 10 and 20).
What are the 6 most used Software every day?
- Shared calendar (86%)
- Document Manager (79%)
- Planning tool (71%)
- Task Manager (70%)
- Videoconferencing system (63%)
- Chat (61%)
Surprisingly, only 37% of respondents centralized all or part of this software in a collaborative application, and mostly the calendar, documents and planning. The latter are 58% using SaaS-based software, while those using no collaborative tool use 63% of software installed on a computer.
Despite the advent of the digital transformation of companies in France, individuals do not always follow the movement. Nearly two-thirds of respondents are not yet equipped with productivity tools like Planzone, allowing them to save precious time in the management and organization of their work. Moreover, of these two-thirds, nearly 63% still use computer-based software. SaaS software still has many companies to convince, despite all the benefits they provide.
It should also be noted that 59% of respondents believe that using software is not important. For the remaining 41%, security and data integrity as well as speed of access are the two main reasons for choosing software.
The mail, Present more than Ever
The mail is still and always the indispensable element of communication for companies. 60% of respondents systematically have their inbox before their eyes, when only 21% consult their emails less than 10 times a day. They are also 62% to consult them every day before or after work, and 56% from time to time during their holidays.
Used 82% to communicate with partners and suppliers, 78% for customers and 59% among employees, mail is therefore the number one tool for communicating both inside and outside the company.
Less than 3% of respondents use a specialized tool to collaborate internally or externally. A figure to reconcile with the few users by using a centralized application and collaborative messaging, more efficient than email.
The mail becomes increasingly obsolete: loss of time, attachments difficult to find, pollution of information … Collaborative work tools allow for better productivity by creating discussions and storage spaces for contextualized documents. By centralizing its exchanges in a collaborative application, it is easier to find the right information and work in conditions conducive to a better success rate.
Team Management: Too Many meetings, Lack of Confidence
The more a manager is responsible for a large team, the more weekly meetings there are. This is also one of the results of our study. 51% of the managers responsible for at least 7 people make between 3 and 5 physical meetings per week, while 50% of those responsible for less than 7 people make between 0 and 2. Again, communication and efficiency in team management. Multiplying physical meetings is often a detrimental mistake for employee productivity.
For a large majority of the managers interviewed (87%), delegating tasks to their team members is an easy task, for the remaining 13%, this difficulty lies mainly in wanting to control (at 46%). Again, the sense of the delegation must be one of the qualities of the manager to manage his team well.
Beware, however, of how to proceed. When tasks are delegated, it is 36% orally followed closely by the e-mail for 30%. Only 18% use collaborative project management tools like Planzone. One finding is a shame because they are probably the ones that offer the most possibility in terms of task management. They make it possible to visualize at a glance the tasks to be treated first, to know with whom one has to work and to be precise in what has to be done.
In conclusion, this study demonstrates the efforts still to be provided to SMEs, to make the work of their employees more efficient. Collaborative and project management software can improve employees’ daily lives by gathering all their tools that are already used on a daily basis and by limiting exchanges by email. The telecommuting approach can still improve significantly for their well-being. Less absenteeism, less stress due to commuting time, fixed cost savings, companies would benefit from developing a little more telecommuting for their employees, provided they have the tools accompanying this transformation of work.