Secrets of Body Language for Successful People:- The natural postures and expressions that your body has when you think, when you speak or interact are a tacit vocabulary that is interpreted by others but also has an impact on yourself and the perception you have about the world and your place within it.
10 – Secrets of Body Language
- The body language has an extremely important effect on how we think, we feel and act, and so if you pay close attention and acquire mastery over your own body language, you can become a better version of yourself.
- Lie on your back on the floor: it has been discovered that this position promotes creative thinking, because when we stand our body generates more nor epinephrine, a substance that inhibits the ability to think creatively.
- Cross your arms: this position makes us stay more focused on a task that we must solve, every time you feel stuck cross your arms and keep them that way, you will automatically feel much more determined to solve it.
- Stand up as Superman: with each hand at the waist doing the classic pose of the superhero, it seems crazy but studies have proven that staying a couple of minutes in the so-called “power stance” can fill you with confidence.
- Flex your muscles: Although it is often a natural response of the body to pain or discomfort, doing it voluntarily at a time when we are facing a difficult situation can be very helpful.
- Smile: Smile reduces stress, think that if you are serious or frown the body your body registers these expressions as difficulty and releases cortisol which increases stress levels and causes insomnia. Smiling has the opposite effect.
- When you are in a confrontational situation with another person , do not stand in front of her, or look at her face to face, this can increase tension, in these situations it is best to place your body at an angle , that proves that there is no conflict.
- Chewing gum: this helps you to be more alert and considerably reduces anxiety, yes, it all depends on the occasion, if you have to talk to another person in formal plan or give a talk, and this can be seen as disrespectful.
- Use your hands to speak: this helps increase retention in people who listen to you, it also serves you to emphasize some important point in what you are saying.
- In general it is important that you be aware of your body language not only by the perception you have in others but by the effect it has on yourself.
The Importance of Body Language
As human beings we have the ability to communicate constantly, even without uttering a word we can convey what we think and feel. This is very important since the body language is a means of communication and it reflects the identity of each person.
The body language shows the gestural capacity composed by the body and the mind. While your ideas convey them through your word, it expresses your well-being or discomfort. Some of the most common body languages are:
Smiles: Nothing better than a natural smile.
Walking: A person’s way of walking says a lot. Being upright and holding your head up shows confidence and security.
Safety: To show a person safe through this language, it is best to avoid, when you speak, to take your hand to your mouth, touch your nose.
Look: It is important to look into the other person’s eyes, maintain direct eye contact, and show interest in the conversation.
Posture of the body: A good posture, like sitting upright, represents character and conviction.
However, although there are many studies on body language, it is important to understand that it is not possible to analyze in a scientific way what each gesture means. This important aspect must be worked on in order to adequately convey the message that we want to communicate.