How to be Happy at Work? Economic crisis, redundancies, and increase in the cost of living. Difficult times turbid as we go through! Faced with a world that suffers from deep intolerance and abysmal misunderstanding, in the face of an increasingly individualistic society, disappointments are abounding! The need for happiness in everyday life is becoming more pressing. Below this post is all about how to be happy at work.
But let us not fool ourselves: we spend most of our days in the office, whether we are employees or managers. These hours, therefore, have a considerable influence on the general state of our morale. Much more than one might think. Even if a certain balance in life in general remains one of the true secrets of happiness.
Accession to this form of happiness requires an excellent knowledge of oneself. To determine what make us happy. First of all, you have to know how to recognize the difficulties and especially how to manage them … laziness is out of place! No offense to some! Then only, the accession to this state of fullness becomes possible.
How to be Happy at Work?
If everyone knows their deep aspirations in terms of quality of life, life on which it is relatively easy to act according to what we want, it is not the same when we talk about professional life. Indeed, the limits do seem to be there.
What a mistake! And that’s good news: they only take the place and the weight that we let them take … It’s not what they really are that makes our quest for happiness at work delicate, but the idea that we make of it or the thoughts to which they send us back.
A positive thought, an optimistic look at the spots to be done will make them lighter, and therefore easier to achieve, which will build our confidence and our sense of satisfaction with the work well done.
It has been found that, in the professional field, this accession to happiness goes through 5 key factors. Which are far from being far-fetched?
- Each person must be able to realize himself fully according to his capacities, his aspirations; his character … Each individual seeks naturally to give meaning to his life as well personal as professional. Some will do so besides shine through what is called the famous crisis of quarantine …
- It naturally follows the need for a position that corresponds to us, with responsibilities and requirements up to our skills. Not too high, not too low. Hence the importance of getting to know each other well …
- Some recognition from peers is a necessary third ingredient, intrinsically linked to the first two. Yes. It avoids a certain tendency to under or over estimate … A positive and benevolent outside eye can only be a source of small happiness.
- Having good relations with colleagues and other professional contacts also remains a central pillar. How to claim to be filled if all our contacts send us a negative and heavy look? Difficult!
- The last key element, which is also linked to the former, is of course remuneration in line with the responsibilities of the position.
Business Manager’s Responsibilities
When you are a leader, the duty is twofold: not only is it important to be fulfilled yourself and smile, but they must is of course to make his employees happy. Or at least participate as much as they can in the office and do their utmost to this end. Listening attentively, flexibility, openness to telework, training, follow-up … so many levers to operate to make his staff happy and motivated.
In their column of the humanist company, these two consultants come back on a new kind of managers who combine pleasure and management, know how to motivate their collaborators, are ready to devote a good quarter of their time to communicate.
They also discuss the generation Y phenomenon composed of free electrons that have aspirations very different from their ancestors and an idea of happiness in adequacy with their way of thinking and functioning. We will also talk about charisma, creativity, creation … In short: the ingredients of the recipe for happiness are many!