Start Up Business Ideas Digital Entrepreneurship:- The digital industry has given way to new business models and opportunities for entrepreneurs who want to dare to challenge the traditional way of doing things. Surely you have heard the stories of bloggers, youtubers and other digital entrepreneurs who were encouraged to take the first step on the Internet and have succeeded in building successful and profitable businesses.
Well, this industry is constantly growing and more and more entrepreneurs are venturing to invest in profitable Internet business. If you are an entrepreneur passionate about the digital industry and want to start your own business on the Internet, then here we share 10 Business Ideas that will serve as inspiration to get you started.
Business Ideas for Digital Entrepreneurship
Below are the 10 business ideas for digital entrepreneurship and as an entrepreneur, you need to remember them all before choosing any industry or niche.
- Online Consulting
If you have knowledge and experience about a specific area, you can offer your services as an advisor and consultant. It is important that you set a price per hour (or fraction of time) for your services. You can also create plans and packages with discounts for those customers who need to hire several hours of your services.
What do you need to offer Internet consulting services?
- Platform to offer your services: It is advisable that you invest in your own web page and accompany it with social profiles according to your personal brand.
- Payment medium: Be sure to offer different options for the client to make their payment. There are platforms that allow you to receive digital money (PayPal, Payulatam, etc.), but it is also important to offer options such as appropriations, money orders, transfers, etc.
- Platform to offer the service: Skype and Google Hangouts, but there are also paid options specialized in professional subjects. As the service you offer online, you will need a tool that allows you to interact with your client. Among the most commonly used options are
It is important that you be very organized. You should take an agenda so that you always meet appointments with your customers on time.
- Virtual Courses
If you are passionate about teaching and have knowledge and experience about a practical topic, you can create and market your own online course.
How do you make money with an online course? The income is obtained by the sale of the course or by the collection of a periodic subscription to have access to the course and other benefits.
What do you need to create your own online course?
Choose the format of your course: To begin, you must define if your course will be in video, audio, text or multimedia. Depending on the format you choose, you probably need video camera, multimedia editing software, tape recorder, etc. Once you define the format, the next step is to structure the course and begin to generate the contents.
E-learning platform: To publish the course you can do it using a CMS such as Chamilo, Moodle, WordPress or Google Course Builder; In this case, you will need hosting and own domain. Or, the other option is to use courses platforms like Udemy, Floqq and Cursopedia, which allow you to publish your course taking advantage of the tools they have created.
One tip is that you focus on creating hands-on courses, this way you ensure that your students acquire simple and really useful knowledge.
- Digital Strategy and Social Networking Administration
If you are passionate about digital strategy and have acquired knowledge and experience about different platforms and tools to do online marketing, you can offer the service of management of social networks and digital channels of companies and independent professionals.
The idea is to be an outsourcing for your customers, in charge of generating content, manage advertising campaigns, interact with customers and generate the corresponding performance reports.
If you choose to start in this industry, some tools that will be useful are: Hootsuite, to manage social networks; Canva, to generate graphic contents; feedly, to manage your sources of information and Analytics, to track and generate reports.
- Sale of Digital Infoproducts
The infoproducts as its name implies, are based on information and knowledge products.
These are some of the types of digital infoproducts you can create: eBooks, online courses, membership to platforms with tools and information, Templates, Plugins, Audiobooks, videos, software and applications.
Once you have built your product, you can market it on your own website or on platforms like Amazon, eBay, Clickbank and Hotmart.
- Offer Services as Freelance
If you have technical knowledge that not all dominate, be sure that someone will be willing to pay to have your services.
This business model is used by designers, programmers and professionals who provide services independently.
How do you make money by being a freelance? Your clients pay you for your time, your knowledge and your experience. Some freelancers charge for the characteristics of the project and others for the time they devote to developing it.
What do you need to undertake as a freelance?
- Knowledge, talent or experience: The product is you. You must be very good at what you do.
- Platform to offer your services: It is convenient that you have a website of your own; this will help strengthen your personal brand. You can also take advantage of platforms like Nubelo , Fiverr and Geniuzz to publicize your services and reach more customers.
It is important that you set your price per hour and per project and that you define the terms and conditions in which you will work with your customers, this will help to avoid possible confusion and misunderstanding.
- Creation of Mobile Applications for Small Businesses
Just as a few years ago all companies wanted to have a web page, now there are more and more companies that want to have their own mobile application.
Large companies usually hire companies that specialize in the development of mobile applications, but there are also small businesses that are looking for affordable solutions that allow them to reach their customers’ mobile devices without hassle.
This idea is to use application creation tools, such as Tu-App.net , which allow you to build simple applications in a very short time, so that these small companies can offer them to their customers.
The end result will not be an application full of interaction and functionalities, as a programmer with a bigger budget could do, but it will be a solution in line with the needs and resources of small businesses.
The Dropshipping is a business model in which the seller is selling third – party products (suppliers) without storing it in your inventory. The retailer is responsible for making the sale and managing the shipment so that, directly from your supplier (wholesale seller), you reach your final customer under the brand itself that the retailer has created.
Example: You find a Chinese store and you register in your system of Dropshipping, for which you will have a special price so that you can obtain a margin of profit. You put some products on sale and you buy 3 people: one in Colombia, one in Argentina and one in Mexico. What you do is manage the purchase and take the shipping data and pass it to your supplier so that it is responsible for sending each product to their respective destinations, so there is no need for the product to pass through your hands.
If you want to start in this business, you must follow these steps:
- Choosing Your Dropshipping Suppliers: The idea is to find online stores that have dropshipping programs and check their conditions, commission’s, products, countries to which shipments, etc.
- Choose the platforms to offer the products: You can choose to create your own online store or sell the products through sites such as eBay and Mercadolibre.
- Promote products: Once you have the products online, take advantage of social networks and other online tools to attract customers.
The ideal in this business model is that you can sell products that are offered by international stores and are not common in local markets. On the web you can find, for example, Chinese and American stores that work under this model.
- Sale of personalized t-shirts
This business is to offer customers the possibility to create custom designs for their shirts. Although it seems a simple idea, the truth is that you must consider different elements to make the business successful:
- T-shirt supplier: You must get a wholesaler who offers you quality shirts at a good price.
- Prints: You can purchase the machinery to stamp the shirts yourself or subcontract to a company to print them for you. Make accounts and determine which option is best for you to start.
- Platform: Ensure you offer tools that facilitate the customization of the designs.
- Logistics: For the business to be profitable, you must have an ally in logistics that allows you to ship the product at a reasonable cost, otherwise shipping could be more expensive than the product.
The industry of personalized products has been dynamized thanks to the Internet, because the digital tools allow offering to the client’s interactive options when designing and acquiring the products.
- Digital Magazine
If you are passionate about a specific topic, you can encourage you to create your own digital magazine.
Profits are obtained in 2 ways: sale of advertising within the magazine or subscription fee to the magazine.
For this business model you will need an email marketing platform to periodically send the magazine to your subscribers. It is also convenient that you create a website to promote the magazine and capture subscribers.
- Alternative subscription food
A growing trend is that of alternative food consumption. People are increasingly adopting vegetarian, vegan, raw food, etc. habits. However, in some regions it is not so easy to find alternative food value propositions. This idea is to offer subscription models where you guarantee the customers who, every day or every week, will have breakfast, lunch and / or meals in their home or office according to their eating habits.
What do you think of these ideas? Which one did you find most interesting? I hope these ideas will serve as a reference to encourage you to start your own business on the Internet.