Sales force management is the soul of the company. Establishing a world recognize brand does not only require marketing and advertise efforts, but it also requires the sales representatives or in simple words sale force along with all other promotional activities. Firms are now investing considerable funds, time and expertise to rain the sales force. In order to compete in the market and getting brand recognition; a quality product needs a quality sale force. The Sale Force is the FACE of the Brand or the Product. A very important aspect of marketing that yields business is the efficient and effective use of sales force management and companies are always looking for better ways to complete this task.
Managing Customer relations effectively needs a well-trained Sales Force, which is also known as sales force management. The Companies are now spending a considerable marketing budget on Customer Relation Management CRM and Sales Force Management Systems. Some firms are opting for Automated Sales Force Management System. The Sale Force is responsible for all the contacts that are made with the end users, keeps a record of all the data and tracks down the customers to generate sales.
Elements of Sales Force Management
- Lead Generation: The Sales Representatives generate the sales lead and then track the potential user by gathering the data and customer related info like phone numbers, tastes, and buying patterns.
- Sales Forecasting: Predicting the company future sales based upon the previous sales for a particular period of time; is sales forecasting process. The Sales Forecasting is done for the next tax year or the fiscal year (or for a period of a time in the near future). This enables the company to take important business decisions regarding production, distribution, advertising budgets.
- Order Management: The sales Force Manages and streamlines the product orders efficiently. A well-executed Order Management System or OMS results in Sales Boost, Improved Customer retention and Better Consumer Relations. Order Management System is quite a hefty term for a simple concept; delivering Goods and products without or minimum delay is order management.
- Product Knowledge: The basic element for closing a deal or making a successful sale is having the complete knowledge of the product. To win the customer trust is of outmost important for the Sales representative. In order to convince the buyer to spend the money on the product the Sale team must have the complete know how of the Product and its benefits.
Sales Force Management is also responsible selecting, recruiting, training, supervising, controlling and managing the sales teams or Sales personnel.
Functions of Sales of Force Management
The sales force management plays an integral role in the success of the marketing plan. Executing the marketing strategy successfully requires efficient and well trained Sale Representatives. The sales force management performs the following functions.
An essential part for the effective sales force management is recruitment. Over the decades companies have designed advances selection programs and procedures to test the behavioral, Managerial, and Personality Skill and expertise are identified. Some companies have developed research methods or execute surveys to look for the preferences and demands of the customers for the selection of Sales team.
- Training and Supervision
The crux of building a well-trained and effective sales force is Sale force Training Programs. In order to beat the market completion and become a market leader Trained Work force is required. Efficient Training during the product life cycle can build a strong Sale Force. Supervising the sales Team will keep the moral of the sales people high and put the sales team in the right direction to manage the customers. The better the results are achieved the Sale team if provided better the supervision. The efficiently managed sales teams perform task effectively and meet the sales goals.
- Motivation and Incentives
The Data and Market Research suggests that a Motivated Sales Force is more target oriented, Goal Achievers, and Result Producers. To drive up and boost the morale of the Sales employees the Motivation plays an integral role. Compensations, Incentives, Sale Shares, Quotas are motivational elements for the Work Force.
- Sale Force Evaluation
Evaluating the Sale Results, Product Numbers and Profit Reports is the key for the successful Sale Force Management System.
- Behavioral Aspects
The fast paced business world the buying and selling has no longer remained the transaction marketing; it’s about building strong ties with the customers. The Companies now focus on relationship marketing. The Sale force management must be equipped with all techniques and arts to build long term relationship to make a successful Sale. The Art of Negotiation is the key element of closing the deal.
Basic Objective of Sales Force Management
A customer identifies the Brand or product by the Sales Representatives. The Sale Force Management is the primary link between the Product offered by the Company and the end consumer that will buy the product. Over a decade the firms have a single goal of earning profit and making sales. The Sales Team were recruited to search for the present and potential customers and to make the sale. The Soul purpose was to sell a product. Now with the advancements in market; the user is becoming more and more informed the companies cannot focus on the sole purpose of earning profit. It about winning a customer that will not only ensure current sales but also ensures future business or profit for the company. Therefore, the sale Teams are now better trained as closing the deal requires effective communication, good negotiation skills and product knowledge. The Sales force management gathers info regarding market completion, new trends, and Changing Consumer demands. The sales representatives are the Eye and Ears of any business organization and can really matter a lot in the success and failure of the product.