What is Employee Performance Management and Keys to Employee Performance Management:- It is necessary for the company or organization to manage its levels of performance according to the present circumstances, implementing a series of actions aimed at guiding, reviewing and adapting all those actions and competencies of its employees, for their development and obtaining better Results. So here question is
What is Employee Performance management?
The employee performance management is a process through which the company seeks to remain productive and competitive in a changing and dynamic environment, implementing measures to develop the level of individual employee performance to achieve the over all the company goal and objectives.
Actions aimed at Employee Performance Management
- Planning:The Company must have a planning of the measures that will be applied to improve the individual performance of its employees, incentive policies, training, rewards, etc.
- Set Goals or Objectives: The Company must establish what its objectives are and how to achieve them in a given period of time and have its employees work on the basis of it.However it is important to also set individual goals for each employee and do it together with the same.
- Evaluate overall and individual performance:The Company must evaluate and monitor its overall performance and observe the variables that affect it, in this way it will be much easier to prosecute its actions to improve it.
- Maintain an open line of communication with your employees:It is important to listen to workers, in this way we will know better how we can motivate them, understand what they need to move forward and how they can contribute to the company.
We must understand that the high levels of productivity pursued by every company, depends on the performance of its employees, the human tool is undoubtedly the most important and it is to her that manages performance management.
More from Business Study Notes:- Employee Development Plan Examples
The Development of Employee Performance Management
The organization must work with its employees in a context of cooperation and feedback, aimed at improving individual performance based on the contribution and contribution it can provide the company to achieve its objectives.
How to channel the individual actions to the general objectives, it will be very important that we make our employees feel an important part of the company and erase any line that separates them from it. Strengthen the idea that the individual and the company share the same values and the same destiny.
Motivate your employees to success, establishing a fair system of compensation, it guarantees personal growth within the organization, listen, evaluates its performance and provides correct any obstacles will be better.
Individual development is the general development, each employee is the company, this kind of identification and sense of belonging is the key to the success of any organization.
Do not be afraid to break the organizational paradigms of the present, dare to break the line that separates the organization from its members.
Keys to Optimum Employee Performance Management
To achieve the maximum work performance of the employees and get them to give their best in their work, the following keys must be taken into account:
01 – Strategic communication: good communication, both internal and external, is an element absolutely indispensable for the company to reach optimal quality standards and be more productive. The lack of effective transmission of information between departments and employees brings with it not only that more mistakes are made, they are perpetuated and the resolution of problems never arrives or is done in the off-time.
To achieve optimal communication, a strategy must be defined and different action plans implemented with concrete actions aimed at:
- Improve the working environment.
- Properly coordinate the internal work of the company.Every employee should be fully aware of their specific duties or tasks and the procedures to be followed.
- Define and communicate clearly the objectives of the company and involve all workers.
- Improve the image of the company at an external level,
- Generate good reputation through excellent customer service.
02 – Motivation: a group of satisfied employees in their workplace, who feel valued and recognized, is undoubtedly the best guarantee to ensure the optimal functioning of the company and the achievement of the objectives set. Some ways to improve worker satisfaction are:
- Programs ofreconciliation between family and personal life with intensive days, reductions in working hours or flexible hours.
- Organization of trips, leisure activities and other corporate events to improve the work climate and promote loyalty and identification with the company.
- To facilitate the disconnection. Organizing more rational or comfortable schedules and stipulating a time of rest where employees can spread, talk quietly while sipping a refreshment, fresh water or coffee and even play ping-pong or massage, are experiences that already Have been successfully executed by some companies.
03- Work by objectives: it is a good technique to motivate employees, as their achievement will make them feel satisfied. They must be viable, measurable and challenging objectives. The better our workers understand what is expected of them, the better they will perform their jobs. But you also need to know what to expect in return for the organization.
04 – Training: the constant professional development of workers will make them feel motivated. Promoting training courses in the company, or outside it, is beneficial for both the employer and the employee who:
- You will be proud of the achievements.
- It will improve your self-esteem.
- It will increase your level of job satisfaction.
- You can even opt for a promotion.
05 – Participation: making the employee participate in decision- making will get the employee to endorse the final product.
06 – Recognition: Among all the recommendations, the most important to promote a good job performance, is the recognition of work by the superior. Recognizing that you are doing a good job or show satisfaction for what you have achieved, the employee feels valued, helpful and sees their self-esteem strengthened.