Motivation of Sales Force Management:- A sales manager can make mistakes in the animation of its sales force that can lead the motivation of the team and cause a decline in performance. Here are the Top 10 things to avoid while the motivation of sales force:
10 things to Avoid to Motivate Sales Force Management
- Do not clearly explain your strategy: you must be transparent with your team, explain your expectations, the objectives to be achieved and the methods to be used, in a precise and concrete way.
- Communicate only with some: there is nothing like helping your “pet” and forgetting others to divide the teams.
- Do not follow actions in real time: everything moves very quickly. Giving advice or encouraging a salesman when he has already lost the business will no longer have much interest.
- Do not transmit information: Poor communication leads to failure. It is better sometimes to convey once more some important information that your salesperson already had, rather than assuming that he knows it necessarily.
- Do not recognize performance: If you start thinking “He’s doing his job, its okay,” you have it all wrong. Look, when you ironed your shirt all by yourself, you like your wife congratulating you, do not you?
- Do not train effectively in sales techniques and products. An untrained commercialism is like a plumber without a wrench, a singer without a microphone, a painter without a brush, Star sky without Hutch, Yin without the Yang: one does not go without the other. If it lacks the right tools, your salesperson will not be able to perform well.
- Thinking that motivation is only a matter of monetary reward: the bonus counts, of course, but do not forget that the recognition of efforts, the prospects for evolution, the development of skills or the working environment matter Sometimes even more for your team!
- Imposing without discussion: “Rigor” does not mean “Rigidity”. Let your sales people make proposals, give their opinions and share their knowledge: collective intelligence is often more effective than that of a single Man. Collaboration is part of the 3 “C” of motivation.
- Reward the best and that’s all: Your salespeople are not all at the same level, whether for years of experience, seniority, geographic, etc. Think about valuing successes, whether small or large.
- Lacking dynamism and modernity : the work does not have to be boring to be done well, however, certain actions can be stimulating for your team are promoting the same informal discussion, use the communication tools of our time ( network Social platform, online platform, file sharing …), set up motivational motivations (incentives, challenges, seminars …).
Incentive develops a collaborative platform to animate your sales teams efficiently and simply.
Commercial Challenges, “Motivation” is written with 3’Cs
Many companies believe that their success depends solely on their products or their customer relationship. Of course, these elements are necessary, but not sufficient if they are not carried by a motivated sales force. Knowing the keys to business motivation is then fundamental to effectively supervise your sales people and improve your performance. Remember that in “motivation” there are 3 C: Coaching, Collaboration, Consideration.
On average, good coaching increases the productivity of the sales force by 17%! This number is not surprising as it is also a motivator; it also allows us not to waste time clarifying the expectations of the manager, the methods to be used, or to find the right solutions to the difficulties.
Your coaching involves:
- Describe clear and precise objectives and the means available to achieve them
- Training in sales techniques, products, and the company
- Check the correct understanding and be available to answer questions
- Regularly follow the results of each one to intervene at the right time
- Encourage feedback and advice
- Re-energize your teams in real time
- Coach collectively but also personalized to encourage team spirit and self-transcendence
- To coach, it is necessary to exchange: a communication in real time and with all is necessary. Thus, you will quickly detect any difficulties encountered to react immediately.
A manager often concentrates his efforts on the “best” and the least performing, at the expense sometimes of the “core of the commercial”. Even if it is discrete, this core, if developed, can significantly increase sales! This little attention can quickly bear fruit and put all your salespeople on an equal footing. You will then have a team that is better “equipped”, stimulated and more efficient, having a direct impact on your business.
With sales processes becoming more and more complex, coaching and coaching is now a fundamental part of your business strategy.
Whether your sales people communicate with you is fine, but they communicate and collaborate with each other is even better. At a time of individualism, some of your salespeople will say “You are never better served than by oneself”. Make them understand, on the contrary, unity is Force!!
Your role is to foster team spirit and knowledge sharing:
- Encourage the dissemination of good practices (the best performers give their tricks and advise others)
- Publicly transmit useful information for all
- Establish platforms Such as the one developed by Incentive.
By working in this way, it is not only the skills of an individual that contribute to the success of your business, but it is collective intelligence that guides and accelerates your business and your success.
39% of salespeople do not feel recognized in their work and 70% leave their company for this reason. One of the essential elements of motivation is indeed recognition. Encourage! Congratulations! Reward!
But beware, the only reward is not enough. Although the “carrot” has always been a classic of commercial motivation, studies show today that it is only in recognition of the motivation of the salespersons that recognition and the opportunity to progress. Recognize everyone’s talents, vaporize successes, whether big or small, and congratulate your employees. It is not always easy to set up this type of exchange for some, who consider rather “to direct” rhyme with “severity” (well, it is true that it rhymes). But you will quickly see that this small step towards your sales people is actually a big step for them and for your business: Nearly three quarters of salespeople say they would work more if they were better known.
The 3 Cs are the first essential bases for optimal motivation of your sales force. Regularly find on this blog, useful tips and tools to animate and motivate your daily commercial.