Boost your Sales after Summer: – How to re-motivate and re-launch the business machine at the beginning of a new summer? Need a business challenge idea? The period from the end of August to the beginning of September lends itself well to commercial challenges. The commercial challenge is indeed an excellent way to reboots sales after the summer activity decline and thus achieves the objectives before the end of the year. It allows you to focus your salespeople’s efforts on specific objectives in an efficient and motivating way.
Idea of Commercial Challenges | Things to Practice
- The commercial challenge: an effective way to boost sales at the start of the school year
- Your motivation operation will stimulate your team by tapping into the competitor and player character of each commercial. A good method to improve your business performance!
- With each return of summer vacation, it is necessary to refocus your sales forces on business. In addition to helping you in this task, the business challenge will also allow you to accelerate the start-up and motivate your team for the coming months.
- The re-entry challenge must be fairly short. A challenge too long would then lose its focus and motivating effect. Start a three-month competition (September-October-November) to effectively accompany your sales people for the end of the year and help achieve the goals. In addition, you keep the month of December for another specific challenge at the end of the year.
To help you in the implementation of your operation, find our article “Guide” entitled 4 steps to organize an effective commercial challenge.
- Organize a commercial challenge consistent with the company’s activity
- Depending on your activity, the re-entry period may be a strong period or, on the contrary, a period when the activity is falling and must be boosted before the end of the year.
- Let us take the case of companies with a strong activity at the beginning of the school year, for example a company publishing textbooks. The reasons for this increase in activity will be the pretext, or even the theme of your challenge. At the launch of your challenge, you will have to remember to remind and communicate to all the importance of this period for the activity of the company and the stakes for the sales force. This will explain the reasons for launching this challenge.
- For companies that need a little “boost” in the fall after a drop in performance during the summer, organize a challenge that will focus on a unifying theme. Tip: It’s not always easy to find a theme for your business challenges? Use journalistic tricks such as “chestnut” themes for example. A chestnut tree is a report dedicated to a recurring and predictable event. These are often unifying themes used each year at a specific time by journalists (Christmas, Back to school, Back, Summer Holidays, Opening of the hunt, etc …). These are known themes, recognized and experienced by all, which will then be appreciated by your sales people.
- For this back to school, you can imagine the Back to School Challenge! “.
In these commercial challenges environments, your teams return to the school benches by being challenged on two variables: their prospection and their knowledge of products.
- Through your challenge, you encourage them to prospect strongly until December and thus to hand over business in the pipe for the end of the year and the beginning of the following year.
- At the same time, you push training materials and quizzes to ensure that you have a good knowledge of the products.
- Their score is then counted according to their prospecting results and their responses to the various quizzes.
- In addition to boosting your sales, you improve the knowledge of your teams, remind you of product information and share best practices.
- What endowments to offer? Find tips and ideas to choose your rewards, as well as our article on new trends in rewarding sales.
- To organize your “Back to School” challenge in just a few minutes, or another business challenge, try Incentive, the commercial challenge platform. You can even find a template on the theme of the school. All you have to do is throw it!